Queen of the Distracted

Imagine life in a house with 6 kids - now imagine if 5 of those kids and their father have ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - that is our house! Welcome to an inside view of my life and our home dominated by ADHD... THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls!"

Those were our oldest daughter Rachel's first words, from the time she was a toddler she would belt them out proudly standing on the arm of the couch. At the time we had no idea what ADHD was or that it would play such a central roll in our lives.

Since then we have learned a lot, not the least of which is how many individuals and families suffer in silence. We have experienced first hand how misunderstood and misrepresented a disorder can be.

As a family we decided to take action - to risk embarrassment and labeling to get this important message out to the world. Come join our family, share in our lives, and see ADD/ADHD as we see it...
A gift with a heavy price tag.

WELCOME to life in the ADD/ADHD House!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dearest Beautiful Parents - Mariah's Plea Email

Dearest, beautiful parents,

Hey, I have a proposition for you. I really want to know if you guys will consider switching me and Rachel as far as rooms go.

Here's a list of carefully thought out reasons to consider this swap.

1. Practical Application

I am a full time college student who needs a place to study, write papers, read required text for classes. A quiet, solitary space would be perfect for such a thing as this.

2. Benefit to Hannah and Mary

I will have night classes next semester and sometimes my studies will require me to stay up later than Hannah and Mary can afford to (because of seminary) so instead of having to relocate to the living room each time I need to study and then sneak into the room later, I will already have a designated place.

3. New Opportunity

I have never had the opportunity to have my own room and I wish to experience it and prove that I can take care of my stuff and keep it clean.

4. Benefit to Rachel

Rachel will have the chance to get to know Hannah and Mary better and strengthen the sisterly love and sororal bond between them.

**Additional Reasons to Consider the Swap

1. Because this world is a beautiful and just place.

2. Because....please?


I hope you will consider this proposal and I pray that the odds may be in my favor.

Love you guys,

Mia

No comments: